Sunday, October 23, 2016

THE PROM DATE



“Thank you so much for this favor, Dave,” I said to my best friend who was stuffed inside Garret, the most popular boy at my daughter’s high school.  She was elated when he asked her to prom, and being the cautious father I am, I asked my best friend Dave to be an inside man…inside my daughter’s date I guess…I just don’t trust that kid.

“It’s no problem at all, sir,” he said with a chuckle.  “Hey, so do I have this punk’s douchey look down?” he asked as he tilted his head back. 
“Don’t suck your lips like that.  I don’t know if he does that, but no one should do that shit.  So as far as the payment goes-”

“Listen, you don’t owe me a thing.  You’ve always been a great friend- plus, it’s kind of fun being a high school stud again.  Can’t wait to test this body out.”
“Just not with my daughter!” I reminded him.  

“Oh…right…But you never know where the night might take you…”

“Wh-?!”

“Oh my God!  Garret!” my daughter half-shouted in surprise as she walked in, looking beautiful and radiant, cutting off my outrage.  

“This isn’t over!” I mouthed with my lips as they strolled out to the limo Garret had arranged.  But I was a little worried that Dave might never leave my daughter’s date, and that he might do exactly what I wanted to prevent…

No comments:

Post a Comment